For the Soup
- 1 28-oz. can whole peeled plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- Chicken stock to fill line (between 3-4 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
For the Croutons
- 1/2 baguette, sliced (about 16 slices)
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
Heat oil and red pepper flakes in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion. Stir while cooking until onions are tender, about 6 minutes. Add this mixture to your Presto Pure machine with the tomatoes and pour in chicken stock until it reaches the MIN fill line. Place the lid on the machine and press the Pureed Soup button. Wait about 30 minutes for the cycle to complete.
Meanwhile, drizzle bread with oil. Toast in 375 degrees oven until it begins to turn golden, about 5 minutes. Top with mozzarella and return to oven. Cook until cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute more. Top with fresh basil, season with salt and pepper, and serve with soup.