- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 leeks, white & light green parts only, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peel and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- chicken or vegetable broth to the MIN fill line
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream (optional)
- chives, finely chopped for garnish (optional)
- Salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat in a skillet. Add leeks and garlic and sauté until soft and wilted, about 10 minutes. Adjust heat so they don't brown.
- Add the cooked leeks and garlic to the Presto Pure chamber along with the potatoes and thyme.
- Fill to the MIN line with chicken broth and press the PUREED SOUP button. Soup will be done in about 30 minutes.
- After the soup is done, you may add the heavy cream to give the soup body. Just stir it into the soup in the chamber until you reach the desired consistency.
- Pour soup into bowls and garnish with salt, pepper, and chives.